Wednesday, March 12, 2008

[Only a brief foray today]

I continue to be amazed at the kinds of things you can do with Photoshop!

Admitedly I follow the premise that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" with photos. Even the photos that aren't the best, I feel the need to minimise the changes made otherwise I become more of a Professional in Photoshop than Photography.

Just check out some of the links to the right to see where photoshop can lead you!

I can also recommend Scott Kelby's book on CS3 as a GREAT resource.

Finally before I go, I will leave this photo. I originally saw a photo of this boat on a friends wall and just happened to come across the boat - it must have left an impression! Some tidying up and experimentation with boosting colour.

Not quite happy with the lack of clouds that day but a nice uncluttered photo all the same. Post your comments? Maybe I should ignore my normal photoshop rules and stick in a sky from another day?

1 comment:

Canon Blogger said...

Hey Mark - I think this is a great shot actually! Sure a few clouds might have added to it, but the thing it - you captured what was there. The moment spoke to you and you've effectively shared the moment with the viewer (me in this case). When in doubt, the K.I.S.S. rule will always win the day in my opinion, and your shot won here. Nicely done!